Hi hello, it's me. Still unemployed and trying to fix that. Until then, I just keep trying to make RW&&B my actual job because it's so much fun and I love it! I hope y'all are feeling the new energy of spring and have maybe trying something new? Darius Rucker said it better than me, but when was the last time you did something for the first time (Darius Rucker, 2017:)). Yikes. that was a lil too cringey, even for me. Also I don't even really like country music but that just goes to show how dang manufactured they are because I knew those lyrics right off the top o' my head.
I hope with the turn of the season and warming of the temperatures, you're feeling inspired and treating yourself to something wonderful. Some days that's a nice long run and others it may be finally checking 10 things off your to do list. Just remember if this is a challenging season for you, nothing stays the same forever. Things are always changing and evolving and soon you will feel better. I hope this list of wonderful books, artists, new publications, podcasts, and travel will help you feel inspired!
Sending you lots of love from the tiny yellow house, tucked beneath the pines <3
1. This instagram account: Tess is a kick ass gal who is going after her goals. She's selling a book of poetry and her art it's BEAUTIFUL! I've seen her art on pinterest for YEARS and just put two and two together when I stumbled upon her art page.
2. This book: I can't wait to read Deena's work. I've known about her for a long time (hi, she's a legend) but heard her for the first time on I'll Have Another podcast. Y'all. She really really resonated with me. She was so warm, gentle, strong, and knowledgeable. It made me want to meet her and hang out with her. But since that's a stretch, it also inspired me to keep working hard in my miles:)
3. This other book: A lil mix of history, quotes, art, and inspiration all snug like a bug in in a beautiful binding. Again, was connected to this via instagram. I'm feeling like I could spend less time on it haha
4. This PACK: I'm juuuust starting to get some things together for my Ireland running trip and finally purchased a new running pack! I'm planning on bringing by backpacking pack but for my daily runs trips and day travel I really didn't want to stick out with a large pack/where would I put it/ I still need to have food and water with me.
5. This ARTIST: She's local to home and I found her through instagram (what don't I find through that lil app?). Katie posts updates of her work every day and those tend to be my favorite moments of inspiration. The paintings are fascinating and I love seeing her work flow process.
7. Ugly Delicious: Who knew a show about food could make me reflect so much on my privilege and humanity as a whole? I really didn't see that coming but holy moly. It really hits you in the heart. I don't know if others felt this way, but we felt like creators were really strategic in building in the social awareness and social justice perspective. Like the pizza episode was really great and fun but by time you made it to the fried chicken piece? Somberly watching/getting all the way fucked up.
8. My mom coming to visit: She hadn't been down in months and it was exactly what I had been hoping for:) We just got to go for lots of walks, go to the tea house that's a tree house, try on wedding dresses, and hang out with other family.
9. This local potter: I came across her work after spending some time on Etsy. Each piece she designs is so unique! I'm giving pots and mugs to each gal in our wedding as thanks for loving us gifts.
10. JOE BIDEN COMING!!! y'all know meeting Joe is my primary manifestation for this year. He's literally going to be a town over on his book tour and I'm trying to get tickets. Like I feel like this is how manifestations come to fruition. it feels like magic and I might cry.